Good morning! If you are on campus… it is R U OK? day today and there are a load of services in the Agora around to check in with you. If you are not OK, and have thought about suicide, or have even made a plan, please check in with someone, or contact our counselling service which are on each of our campuses.
La Trobe University is concerned with student well being, and have a lot of services that currently cater for our needs, however, they are conducting a study to better understand our needs, and the results of this study will be used to more effectively design strategies to support our well being.
La Trobe University Student Mental Wellbeing Study
Where to get Help…
La Trobe after-hours counselling
- 1300 687 327 (5pm – 9am weekdays, 24 hours weekends, and public holidays).
- Lifeline – 24/7 telephone counselling on 13 11 14, or chat online (7pm – 4am, 7 days).
- Chat online
- Suicide line – 24/7 telephone counselling on 1300 651 251.
- Suicide Call Back Service – 24/7 telephone counselling on 1300 659 467, or register for 24/7 text-based online counselling
- Kids Helpline – available if you are 25 years old or younger. 24/7 telephone counselling on 1800 55 1800 and email counselling and web chat.
Psychiatric Triage (or Crisis assessment and treatment teams)
Information, Assessment and Triage for direct and prompt response and assessment of individuals where there is a serious concern for welfare and safety of an individual available 24/7.
|Bundoora||Psychiatric Triage – North East||1300 859 789|
|Bendigo||Psychiatric Triage – Loddon Campaspe/Southern Mallee||1300 363 788|
|Shepparton||Psychiatric Triage – Goulburn & Southern||1300 369 005|
|Albury/Wodonga||Psychiatric Triage – North/Eastern Hume||1300 881 104|
|Mildura||Psychiatric Triage – Northern Mallee||1300 366 375|