Balance: a tricky thing

I will be the first to tell you: I do not have my life together (lol). It always seems like there’s a million and one things I have to do and a million other things that I want to do.

It’s only week 5 but I already feel stressed and a tad overwhelmed which is… not ideal, to say the least. So I forced myself to take a step back in order to organise my thoughts and to do list. It is usually this time of the semester where things pile up, the time when you can’t afford to put things off for later.

This is the perfect time for you to exercise the coping mechanisms you have more or less mastered. For me, that’s meticulously listing down everything I have to do while also incorporating things like a nap, a brief walk or run in the morning, dinner with some friends, some therapeutic cooking, and so on.

My co-blogger, Melinda, talked about how she balances her life in this blog post here.

Achieving balance in your life is extremely tricky and it’s something we’re all working towards day in and day out of our lives. So don’t feel bad if you’re not succeeding and doing as well as you’d like to. It’s a constant work in progress. We’re all constant works in progress.

But don’t ever forget that there are people out there who are willing to help you manage your time and organise your life- your family, your friends, even some services at uni (the SDAs, for one).

This Thursday, the 24th of August, the How2Uni Check-In Dot Points workshop is running from 1 PM to 2 PM at TLC 114. Take some time out of your schedule for a Life Balance check in, it will do you wonders- I promise! Register here!

0

Veashka