Hello guys! I hope uni is going great so far and that you’re enjoying these first few weeks. We all know that getting work experience before graduating is super important. It makes us a lot more competitive when we finally go out into the real world and start looking for full time positions. But more often than not, finding relevant work that fits around our timetables is very difficult. Well, if you’ve been looking for an awesome paid position that fits your schedule and has a bunch of other perks, look no more! The Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group has many entry-level opportunities for students that are currently enrolled in STEM courses. If you’re wondering, STEM courses are those related to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, and we have plenty of those at La Trobe!
To be eligible for the Cadetship program, you must have the following:
- A minimum credit average
- Successfully completed 2 years of full time study in a relevant STEM degree
- A minimum of 18 months and a maximum of 3 years of full time study remaining
- Be enrolled in a relevant Bachelor’s degree and be eligible (and willing) to undertake Honours or Masters as part of the Cadetship
Being a part of the Cadetship program offers a lot of advantages and perks. Besides the obvious benefit of gaining work experience, you’ll have access the following:
- Permanent employment with a salary of 31,180 per year (plus 15.4% super) for the duration of the program
- Payment of compulsory university fees (say goodbye to that HECS debt!!!)
- $500 per semester for books and other resources
- 60-days minimum work placement
- Guaranteed graduate employment with the DST Group with a salary of 64,000 per year when you complete the cadetship
It doesn’t get much better than that to be honest. The applications for this opportunity are now open, and they close on the 18th of August, so get in quick! This is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity and you don’t want to miss it. For more information about the types of positions available and how to apply, you can visit the Defence Deparment’s website. If you are eligible, you should definitely go for these jobs! They will look awesome on your CV. If you need some advice on how to write your resume and fill your application, check out Career Ready. Good luck with your cadetship applications and with the rest of the week. See you in another post!