Ok so SHE offered and you said YES!
Source: Solid Rock Counseling
If you are anything like me, you might be feeling a little overwhelmed as to where to start, and what are the important things to cover before your semester starts. Breathe deep and keep reading. Trust me, once you get through your getting started checklist, you will be ready to enjoy ‘O’ Week and all that life at La Trobe offers (that is a good sausage sizzle or free morning tea).
You’ve taken your selfie using this pic and shared with your friends using #SHEoffered
Now what do I do? There is a great guide here on what to do to get ready4uni.
ACCEPT your offer and ENROLL:
This is the very awesome moment you get your student number. Take a photo of this screen so that you have your number with you when you need it until you pick up your Student ID Card.
The CARD that GIVES you MORE:
You might be wondering what use your student ID is? Well let me tell you, life at uni sure is a lot easier if you have your ID sorted ASAP.
Not only do you need it for exams, to prove you’re a student here at the end of semester, but it is super useful for printing at the library, and taking out library books. The sooner you have this little piece of gold in your hands, the sooner you will benefit from student discounts on a wide range of things like:
- Cheaper movie tickets
- Airfares, other travel
- Public Transport
- Computers and Software from retailers advertising student discounts
- Some banks also offer, no account keeping fees or transactions costs and all you need to do and turn up at their branch and show them you Student ID card.
Get registered, take a great selfie – and you better make it a good one as it will be yours for the duration of your degree.
During O Week across the campuses, there are some great offers you will need your Student ID Card to take advantage of:
- At Bundoora: Take advantage of a free rock climb during orientation week in the Bundoora gym. You can book for a free climb during orientation with your ID card or take advantage of half price tennis court use $7.10 (usually $14.20) with racket hire FREE (usually $4). Discounted Wildlife tours, opportunities are limited with tours costing $15 instead of $25 during orientation if you show your new student ID.
- Bendigo Campus – Food for Thought: Coffee and Muffin $5 Combo
- Mildura Campus – Pizza Café: $10 classic pizza range (normally $15)
- Shepparton Campus: – GV Hotel: (18+) Buller Boronia Cabernet Merlot or Buller Beverford Moscato for $4 a glass
- Albury-Wodonga Campus – WSA: all new students get free lunch during orientation. Use your card to get membership.
ALLOCATE your timetable:
Once you have enrolled, you will need to log into Allocate Plus and select which face to face workshops/lecture time work best for your overall subject selection.
The Learning Management System is your best friend, seriously, you need to get to know it, how it works, what each subject site offers.
Each subject will have its own LMS page, and under that, will include administration about the subject with useful stuff in it like your subject learning guides, library reading lists, etc. I’m a bit old school and love printing off a copy of this and tagging all the essential things I need to know.
Now here’s a good idea!
Practice navigating your way around and get a head start by completing the two compulsory modules (the Academic Integrity Module and Wominjeka modules) before uni starts. Getting ahead on this stuff is a great way to give yourself the best opportunity to practice using the LMS, as well as ticking off some things on your ‘to do’ list.
Don’t forget to log into your student email. If you need to email anyone to do with anything for Latrobe, they will only reply using this email so it is really important to get familiar with it and begin to use it straight away.
FEELING OVERWHELMED? Check this out…
During ‘O’ Week there is a useful IT Masterclass, which the Student IT Support team run at 3 different times. This covers the Universities IT Systems such as the LMS, Student Online, Student Email and Wi-Fi setup. If you are struggling to navigate your way through these systems, you should go along! It will make your life here a whole lot easier. Add it into your O Week planner: Room BG115 on 19th July 3:30 – 4.30pm, 20th July 4:00-5:00 pm or 21st July 10:00 am – 11:00am.
Oh and by the way – welcome to life at La Trobe! I hope you love it as much as I do.