2

FREE SUBJECT SUPPORT TUTORS

So you’ve all heard me talk about the hugely successful ‘Improve Your Grades’ seminars that have been happening. (If you want more info on this, look at my ‘D’s get degrees’ post from a few weeks ago). These sessions are great if you need more general help for study tips and techniques but if you are having trouble with one subject in particular, then you need the help of a subject support tutor

376591423_c0b3889fc6_o

Source: flickr.com

Some SHE courses contain subjects that are always going to be harder than others. These subjects tend to have a lower success rate and can really cause students grief.

ab600de0ad9a200a878718380124d5f6

Source: pininterest.com

In addition to your regular lectures, tutorials and workshops, these more challenging subjects will have Subject Support Tutors (SST’s) providing FREE assistance with content, resources and exam tips.

giphy[5]

Did somebody say free?

Source: giphy.com

These SST’s should have introduced themselves in your first lectures and will send regular reminders about attending because as students, we can tend to forget these things!

The SHE Semester 1 subjects that will be part of the SST program are:

DISCRETE MATHEMATICS MAT1DM
INTRODUCTORY CALCULUS MAT1ICA
NUMBER SYSTEMS AND LINEAR ALGEBRA MAT1NLA
CHEMISTRY FOUNDATIONS CHE1CHF
FUNDAMENTALS OF CHEMISTRY A CHE2FCA
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FUNDAMENTALS CSE1ITF
DATABASE FUNDAMENTALS CSE2DBF
OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING FUNDEMENTALS CSE1OOF
WIRELESS NETWORK ENGINEERING CSE4WNE
INTRODUCTION TO BEHAVIOURAL NEUROSCIENCE 1A PSY1BNA
APPLIED BIOSTATISTICS STA2ABS

So if you are studying one of these subjects, get onto your SST’s… you won’t regret it

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo

Source:thisiswhyimbroke.com

Don’t believe me? Here is what some other SHE students had to say:

• I found it extremely useful and have used for the past month and a half. I’ve been behind in my maths but the SST has meant the difference between probably failing the subject to a much better shot a passing and even doing well
  • It was very useful, the smaller number of students attending gave a very school like feel the teacher was well informed about the subject and gave insightful feedback on the way in which I conducted my workings
  • I had an assignment that I needed to complete and wanted to be sure what I was doing was correct, as it turned out I was doing a different assignment to what I should have been so their help was extremely appreciated
  • It was handy to have the clarification and support readily accessible. Welcoming and very helpful in terms of grasp on concepts

Denise

2 Comments

1. Are these SST available on regional campuses as well?

• Hi Julie,

Thankyou for your interest. Yes, where there are a number of students enrolled regionally there is an SST assigned. This semester in SHE there is support at Bendigo for CSE1ITF and PSY1BNA. At Albury Wodonga there is support for CHE1CHF and PSY1BNA. If your subject has an SST they should have attended your first lectures and also be sending weekly reminders as to what support they are running and how you can access it (as part of their role)

Best regards,
      That’s what SHE said