ALLOCATE +, MORE LIKE ALLOCATE ?

I’m sure most of you were confronted with Allocate + earlier this month. It can be quite difficult to use and not just for first year students. Regardless, you should try to have your timetable complete before the start of the semester.

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 11.55.04 am

Here’s a picture of what my Allocate looks like; with the subjects I’m enrolled in seen on the left hand side

MY TIMETABLE DOESN’T SUIT ME

Allocate reopened on the 15th Feb on a first-in-first-serve basis to change your preferences. If your timetable doesn’t fit with other things outside of uni or you just don’t want to be here on a Friday, there is unfortunately not much that can be done! Luckily, there are only 12 weeks of the semester so, before you know it, you will have to change it again. However, if you are an elite-sporting athlete or have other extenuating circumstances, there are some special considerations that can be made for you. If this is you, get in contact with your course co-ordinator.

WHAT SUBJECTS DO I CHOOSE?

If you can’t decide which subjects/ electives to do, I would recommend looking at the individual subject outline information. Individual subjects can be found using the search bar on this link latrobe.edu.au/students/subjects. This not only gives students a general understanding of the subject but also the pre-requisite subjects, contact hours and credit points. If you’re still unsure, there is also a handy FAQ page on ASK La Trobe about choosing subjects and electives latrobe-current.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/964

I STILL DON’T GET IT…

Continuing to have trouble navigating Allocate +? Visit the timetabling drop-in sessions that are happening this week (check your orientation guide). I will be helping out at the health science timetabling sessions, so come say hi! You can also check this step-by-step guide that got me familiar with the Allocate + functions latrobe.edu.au/students/timetables/help.

Denise